Tuesday, September 19, 2006

My 'princess' punya reply....

Quoted from her blog....

My mom came down from Singapore for a short weekend. We met up with my parents friend and his family from US where my brother is studying. Coincidently, that leads to me journey back to Melbourne. Before I went to the airport, my dad weighted my luggage and told me, "What did you pack in your bag, it's 60kg. 30kg overweight arh! Are you crazee?" Then I went up to check, and I validated the figures, and I was astonished. Then my mom (the smart one) wanted a confirmation, asked me if it was true, and I said: "Eh, yea, it's really overweight." My dad was pulling out stuff from my bag already, and I was wondering how it seemed that I brought back more stuff the last few times.

My mom told her friend whom was at my house at that time. Uncle Ching, had a nephew who he knew was going to be on the same flight back to Melbourne. So he decided to call him and ask if I could use some of his baggage allowance. Meanwhile, my mom decided to check it for herself, and we all burst out laughing while I jokingly scolded my dad for giving me a heart attack. It was indeed 60pounds, which was less than 30kg! Oh migosh!! So silly so silly! So, my mom's friend called his nephew and said things were alright.

Well, they told me to look out for this guy, Uncle Ching's nephew, and Uncle Ching even showed me photos from thier dinners. So, I did try to look out for this guy but I was so unsure when I look around. Couldn't be sure if I remembered the looks from the photo. As I was getting to my seat in the airplane...I always stuff up my seat, so to make sure I got the right seat, I asked the guy beside the empty seat if it was the right row. I got a confirmation...and I had this funny instinct that the guy next to me was the guy my mom and her friend was asking me to look out for. So, being the crazee me (talking to strangers all the time), I started asking him question to fish for assurance that it was him. Most of the answers he gave me didn't confirm the information given to me before at all! So I was just about to give up, when I took the courage to ask him his surname and I got it right. (Well, Uncle Ching gave me his chinese name, and he introduced himself with his English name)Then, he got it and ask if I were the "Diane" he was asked to look out for too...Haha.. Yay!

Anyway, so a new friend made. A funny episode.

No comments: